Wednesday, November 11, 2009

synchronicity

Lately I've really been learning a lot of things about myself that were previously undiscovered and some things that had been forgotten or not very well understood. With that being said it really got my attention when a necklace I've had for at least 10 years broke tonight. I found it terribly synchronus that in the midst of my growing and shedding of old patterns, mindsets and habits that something I've held onto for so long would come apart on me. Another thing rather interesting is that it didn't actually break, it just came undone and fell apart right off my neck without even touching it. The fishing string I had used to re-string it just came undone. All this will probably mean nothing to most people but I've been reading The Road Less Traveled and the section on Grace with conversations about serendipity, and the way God's grace can come to us showing us something in order for us to grow has made me more aware of just what happened to my necklace.
Let it suffice to say that I think there are many things that happen in our lives that we miss unless we are listening and aware of God's involvement in our lives, things meant to help us along the narrow road.

"..forgetting those things that are behind.."

"therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new."

"..but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..."

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ryan,
I haven't forgotten about you...I read your last post and know how much you wanted what you were on the verge of and didn't quite know how to respond...
Reading this post though, I'm GLAD you are shedding the old and I really think "holding on to what we first knew" is the important thing. Breaking yourself of yourself can be hard and mind blowing, but it IS a process and I'm glad you see it as such!
Everyone's journey is different...thankfully, He made us all unique for a reason and though we only seem to "get it" in hinde sight, the waiting and wondering can make the hope better!